Tuesday 15 December 2015

Using Stampin' Up's Perfect Pines Christmas Card using the Spiderweb doilies as Snowflakes! with Video tutorial!

Hi there,
Today I'm sharing with you the second card from my Perfect Pines class I held last week.
For details of upcoming classes in 2016 please visit my Cardmaking Classes Page HERE. We'd love to see you at a class, we are a small friendly group and I run the same class (up to) three times each month so hopefully there is a day that suits everyone. Message me today to join in the fun!!
So, I went with a Kraft, White and Navy colourway and used the spiderweb doilies to make this stunning snowflake. We used the reverse of the snowflake and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice powder to get this look... It's much sparklier in real life ;-)
 These trees were heat embossed in silver on White and Navy card then we washed over each with an aquapainter and navy ink, buffing to remove the excess ink from the silver.
 This sentiment is from the set too, there's a lot of stamps in this set!
We popped the trees on dimensionals. The paper down the side is Season of Cheer again, the same pack as for yesterdays card.
 and we added a cheeky quarter of a doily inside to decorate ;-)
 OK, here's a little video sharing how to easily heat emboss these snowflakes and a few tips and different versions too, take a look...
And here are all the results. I personally felt that the snowflake with Heat and Stick Powder and Dazzling Diamonds v's the Iridescent Ice powdered snowflake were not so different that either versions would work equally well. I do love the gold and silver though! They really do pop, I will try my very best to make them into cards and share them with you before Christmas. I really hope you give them a try in the mean time!
and one more pic of the card to finish this evening.
This code runs right 'till the end of December :-)
 Thanks so much for stopping by today,
Stampin' Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...