Monday 31 August 2015

"Wonderland" Christmas Card using NEW Stampin' Up! Autumn/Winter catalogue products.

Hello 
and welcome to today's post! It's a bank holiday in the UK and it's kinda dry here too, so bonus ;-)
So, it's nearly back to school time; one of mine goes back tomorrow and the other on Wednesday (my eldest is already working) and as it's the last official day of the holidays we are having a chillaxing day at home, getting the last few bits ready for school. We've had a quiet, at home kind of summer holidays this year but it's been a lovely time spent together and it's gonna be really quiet here when they go back :-(
Right, let me share with you today's card. It's another one I designed using my little book of sketches. I used the new Wonderland stamp set teamed with the Winter Wonderland Vellum Stack, oh man! This vellum is just gorgeous! I stuck with the black and gold theme this suite suggests to make this card.
 I started by stamping the trees with memento ink straight onto a thick white card base...


...and adding the gold spotty vellum to a thick white card layer by using dabs of glue from the fine tip glue pen behind many of the tiny dots (much like I did here <<<)  ...
{{This new glue pen makes it so easy, and it's coming tomorrow in the new Autumn/Winter Seasonal catalogue!!!}}


...Before cutting out the circle and adding it to the front, over the trees using dimensionals, giving this window effect

I used the new Merry word die cut from Gold Glimmer paper using the new Christmas Greetings Thinlits die set. I love these small word dies! They are just so versatile and very on trend right now.

And another thing I'm loving are these cool antlers. Here I stamped and simply hand cut them before adding them above the "M" almost like a crown.
I finished with a few punched confetti stars, in matching gold glimmer paper around the trees; like falling snow ;-)
Well, I hope you liked today's card? I'm off now to sew the last of the name tags in the uniforms!
Thanks as ever for stopping by today and I'll see you tomorrow for the new Seasonal Catalogue launch!
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:
Please note: All products from the annual catalogue are available to purchase now. I have added the new Seasonal products here too so when they go live they are easy to find. They go live on the 1st September, you will be able to click on the link before then and see the products but unfortunately you will NOT be able to put them in your basket 'till then.  Thanks for your understanding :-)
Edit to say: All links are live NOW, running 'till the 4th January 2016 (while stocks last)

2 comments:

  1. Just love this card, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with this card! I would love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' (a round up of amazing cards from amazing stampers!)! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).
    Inky Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...