Saturday 11 July 2015

Day Two of Five Days of You're Sublime by Stampin' Up! Paper Piecing on Two Projects with a TOP TIPS!

Hello,
and welcome to day two of Five Days of You're Sublime!
I have a double treat for you today with two (matching) projects and a few Top Tips too!! 
I made a sweet card and a matching Treat Bag using the Thinlits die with this cute crab from You're Sublime. I thought it would be perfect for paper piecing with the Cherry on Top DSP stack, a technique I haven't done in an age! So lets take a look...
I'm going to start with a closer look at the card first :-)
When I saw this crab I thought it was perfect for piecing!
To paper piece (any image) all you do is stamp the image (I used Staz on so it didn't "bleed" when I added the Crystal Effects) onto thick white card then again onto the paper you want to use, trim around the image on the paper, ensuring you cut along the lines not leaving any border (like I usually do), then glue over the image stamped onto white card. Please Note: Before I added the patterned paper to this image I stamped a Gorgeous Grunge sandy floor using Sahara Sand ink. 
But I have to admit this crabby girl was a bit fiddly to cut so.... 
 This is my first tip for you today! I'm right handed so I started cutting on the right hand side in an anticlockwise direction so I had a large solid piece to hold onto as I cut the thin claws and eyes. I *think* if you are left handed you would just start on the left hand side and work clockwise for the same effect. Lefties: Let me know if that works well please!
I then die cut the whole image using the circles framelits adding a marker border to make it pop.
Secret Tip: shhh.... keep an eye out on Tuesday for my TMT Video with tips on inking edges... *wink*
Tip Two: To give the mat on your card a pinking edge to match your Treat Bag: Trim your card to 9.3cm wide (3+5/8") and use the top edge of the largest side of the treat bag die to trim the top edge only.
Tip Three: I glued the banners together and again used the top edge of the treat bag die to cut them so they would sit perfectly on the card (I  also did this on the treat bag) Then I stapled them, and the sequins, to the front.
Finish by adding the image panel, using dimensionals, to the card front and adding Crystal Effects to her eyes and add a few sequins to complete. Leave flat to dry.
 So, onto the Treat Bag Die Cut. This die is still as popular as ever!
This treat bag was cut from Thick Whisper White card. The only difference in the decoration on this treat bag was that I cut the crab image out using a smaller sized circle framelit and the banners are slightly shorter to accommodate the smaller size of the treat bag.
 and together again to finish today :-)
I really hope you have enjoyed this combo today as much as I did making it? 
Thanks for stopping by today and remember to come back tomorrow for another card using this set!
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

1 comment:

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...