Saturday 18 July 2015

A Butterfly Basics by Stampin' Up! Weekend: Day One

Hello,
I've had a lovely day today in the first day of my Watercolour Wishes Kit Class. It really is the loveliest kit I have seen!! The directions are fab and very detailed and you can easily make gorgeous cards with very little effort but of course I decided to make mine, well, all but one card, differently from the directions and it was a blast! it really is a kit for everyone at any level. I'll take some photos of my makes in the week and share my ideas with you too. 
But on to today's card. I was designing cards for my last class and I came up with this card that I'm sharing today first. But then I thought it was a bit "wintery" looking so decided to lighten it up for the time of the year. So I'll share my second version (the one we made at the class) with you tomorrow and make these two cards, using Butterfly Basics, a mini theme for this weekend :-)
So, let's see this first card. If you have been here before you'll recognise that this card  is based on some of my previous makes (you can see them here, clicking "older posts" to see more). This one uses a crumb cake base with the Hardwood background stamp and teamed with Blackberry Bliss and the Butterfly Basics stamp set...
 I added flowers using the Petit Petals punch and the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents punch set.
You can see how I cup the flowers for dimension in THIS VIDEO if you want :-)
 This butterfly was also stamped onto crumb cake card before being die cut.
 and al finished off with some silver sequins from the sequin trim
Well, I hope you have enjoyed my original design for class and please do come back tomorrow and see my second version and the card we made at this class!
Thanks for stopping by today
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...