Saturday 14 February 2015

Day 2 of 7 Days using Baby Bumblebee by Stampin' Up! Baby Girl Card and Treat Bag with FREE Note Tag Tutorial

Hello
And welcome to Day Two of Seven Days of Baby Bumblebee where today I'll be sharing a Baby Girl card and gift bag combo.
Today's post is a long one as I have done a little update on a previous tutorial of mine (HERE) where I shared with you a top tip on how to punch an image that is slightly larger than your punch.  Fair warning; this is a  l-o-n-g post ;-)
So, lets get started with the projects first shall we?
I designed this card and bag using a Pink Pirouette with White and Kraft colour combo - a pretty, neutral combo but perfect for a new baby girl...
 The card first. I used the Angled Tag Topper punch to make the tag, then glued it to pink pirouette card I had trimmed just 5mm wider for a narrow border all around.
I used Pink Pirouette Blendabilities for the body and Skin Tone for the face. I did edge this little one in the lightest Soft Sky Blendabilitie too :-)
 These adorable butterflies in the background are from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set
 and a side view shows all I popped on this card was the tag with dazzling diamonds again on the wings.
 So, onto the bag. This is a Polka Dot Gift Bag which come flat, I made mine 3d and you can too using THIS TUTORIAL or THIS VIDEO (part one). The score lines for a bag this size were done at 3cm.
 I added a punched heart wrap around the top which I made from a scrap of card I had left over from trimming down to make card front layers ;-) I lined up the Heart Border Punch so they were offset from each other then wrapped it with (Oops, more retired) Pink stitched ribbon.
And all those cute punched hearts didn't go to waste either...
 And my Baby Bumblebee, see how her little wing pops over the edge of the Note Tag punch? That's today's tutorial ;-) 
 Here's how to punch an image that is larger than your punch.
1. Your going to need: Note Tag Punch (although this tutorial works with any punch), Pencil, Eraser, Scissors, scrap of card (mines Crumb Cake) punched with the tag.
2. Lay your scrap punched shape over your stamped image. Important: Make sure you have the image only peeking out from one side!
3. Draw around the tag in pencil lighlty as you will need to erase it afterwards.
 4. No need to draw on the actual image either but make sure you go a little way past at each end.
5. Trim along these lines - going around the image when you get to it - I like to leave a small border around the image but you need to cut along the actual lines you have drawn.
6. Feed the image into the punch, lift the edge using your snips, but try not to crease the card.
7. Make sure your  pencil lines match with the edges of the punch
8. Punch
9.  Gratuitous finished project shot ;-) See how I also layered my tag punch onto pink card and hand trimmed around for a little border after colouring.
and both the bag and card together again to finish today.
Well I think that this duo would be well received by any new parents, don't you?
I hope you have enjoyed Day 2 and be sure to come back for more ideas tomorrow.
Please note: More projects will show via this link as the days go on ;-)
Thanks for looking today!
Stampin' hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

2 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! I love the pink and kraft together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! I love the pink and kraft together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...