Monday 26 January 2015

Love Is Kindness with Top Tip! and Irresistably Yours Sale-a-Bration DSP by Stampin' Up!

Good Afternoon! 
I was just about to type good morning before I realised it's w-a-y past that now!! I have been rather busy and this fine morning has just flown past in a flurry of editing photos and putting together a few tutorials for you for this weeks blog posts, including today-further down this post ;-)
So, I was playing in my craft room on Saturday evening (with Zoe) using my new stamp Love is Kindness and my Blendabilities. I have really started to enjoy playing with these pens, it did take a bit of getting used to as I'm not the best colourer, I'll admit! But with a bit of practice and a fun stamp I am getting there, take a look at today's Spring-time card.
**EDIT to add: For Wood Mount Stamps Tip please scroll down or for Clear Mount Tip please CLICK HERE**
I used some of the Sale-a-Bration Irresistibly Yours DSP for the background. This paper comes white with embossed, shiny patters ready for you to colour. I used my Brayer (shock! I hardly ever use this!) to colour this leaf paper with Pear Pizazz ink.
 Plus don't forget you could also choose a FREE pack of Blendabilities (choose from 12 selected colours) with every £45 spent during Sale-a-Bration! 
**PLEASE NOTE: During SaB if you choose Blendabilities as your free gift the codes are different!!** 
Please see THIS LEAFLET for the codes or message me and I'll send you a copy :-) 
For this image I used Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi (new colour!) and Smoky Slate plus the Colour Lifter to blend the slate on the newspaper.
I tied some Daffodil Delight Seam binding ribbon around the card front and though a little slit I made in the image panel {you can just see it here if you look carefully}. Then topped the bow  with a Sweet Dreams button tied on with some linen thread.

OK, so this is my Top Tip for this stamp. You may have noticed this image comes with a really lovely sentiment but I wanted the ability to not have this every time I stamped. So I simply cut it away! It's OK, don't panic! Usually I would simply add the sentiment to the end of the wood block like I did HERE but this one is too deep to do that so I peeled it from the original foam mount and added it to clear mount foam (all links at the end) and trimmed it to size. I then popped the (also trimmed) image sticker onto the base of the case for the sentiment to sit on.
Like the photo says, this is all about making your stamps work for you, it's OK to do this if you want to :-) I hope that this helps someone and if you have any questions please do get in touch xx


***Please go HERE to see the CLEAR MOUNT VERSION OF THIS TUTORIAL***

OK, to finish today I have a side view of today's card showing the front panel popped up and those lovely, shiny leaves ;-)
I hope you have enjoyed today's card and I'll be back tomorrow with some more craftiness!
Stampin' Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...