Saturday 20 December 2014

Snowman Poop Mini Tic Tac's Tree Decorations with FREE Tutorial

Hello!
Apologies for my lack of blogging the last couple of days, I have been busy finishing off my Christmas shopping, making and sending the last of my Christmas cards and gifts and trying to tidy to get ready for guests over the festive period plus throw in a couple of extra shifts at work and there went my blogging time ;-)
So, to make up for my lack of blogging I have a little tutorial for you today :-D
I purchased some mini Tic Tac's at the airport on the way back from Spain again this year and as I still had a few left I decided to make a little tree decoration with my Tree Punch to send to a few kids I know (just in case I got bored with all the other things there are to do at this time of year, you see! lol!) So, I thought you guys might have a ton of time on your hands right now as well so you can make some too ;-) Grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy - it's picture heavy!
Here it is...
And this is what you'll need to re-create these hangers: all supplies will linked be at the end of this post :-) The only extra I forgot to photograph here was the Lost Lagoon ink pad and a blender pen.
 I stamped the little snowman and some snow fall from White Christmas onto the trees I punched from Under the Tree DSP (but you could use plain Kraft card too)
 and coloured his scarf and hat with the blender pen and ink pad and the snowy parts using the white gel pen
To colour with your blender pens and ink pads:
Press the bottom of the ink pad up to the lid (it's much more flexible than trying to press the top)
 and you'll get a "pool" of ink in the lid when you open it up, pick up this with your blender pen, I recommend using ink from the outer edges first as it can be quite dark from the centre. Colour your image and then scribble out your bender pen till it runs clear again. Your blender pen is now ready to use with a different colour.
 add a dimensional to the bottom of each of the punched trees
 add one tree to the front of the box, levelling up the bottom edge of the tree to the bottom of the tic tacs
 add the other tree to the back
 add a glue dot to the top of the back tree
 and add your loop of twine to this
 add a drop of crystal effects to the twine at the very tip of the tree
 like this
 then pinch it together, I used a bulldog clip to hold it securely for a few minutes while it dried a bit
 Ta-dah! there's your little snowman poop tree hangers
 and here they are on the tree!
.. looking pretty :-)
You can easily swap out the mini tic tacs (as I've not seen them anywhere but the airport for sale) try small wrapped mints or individually wrapped chocolates like Celebrations or Quality Street maybe?
I hope you enjoyed today's post and I'll be back tomorrow with more Christmas cards for you.
Stampin' Hugs for now,
Products Used to create this project:

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute! Love the snowman poop idea! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...