Monday 22 December 2014

Making (a lot of) Christmas Cards using Stampin' Up's Tree Punch

Hello,
I am here much earlier today with a whole pile of cards I have made this week. I stuck with three(ish) variations on one basic design. My original aim was to use the last of my Trim the Tree DSP stack for the banners and use some of the heavy weight Under the Tree DSP with the Tree Punch. I loved THIS card that I made back for my class, from the extra ideas pot, so I decided to go with a similar version for these as I had 30 or so to make. I also wanted to use Good Greetings again as it's available to purchase in the Year End Closeout sale and I know of a few people who have purchased it recently ;-)
OK, here's my first card. I started by stamping Merry Christmas from Good Greetings in Mossy Meadow and hand drew a border using the matching marker which (I think) gives this card a look similar to a polaroid picture frame. Add a banner, some linen thread, a punched tree and a few sequins and here's card #1
Card #2 uses some of the (I just realised, retired) natural ribbon behind the tree. Team that with a solid pen border, the Peace and Joy sentiment and some more sequins and we're done!
and finally I made this card using a stitched style border in Espresso with the Merry and Bright sentiment and a good helping of Gold Sequins. I really like this version with the staples showing but totally realise it won't be for everyone! Those sequins sure do sparkle though ;-)
I had a blast making these cards! They were fun and easy to make and they came together quickly for mass production and I loved the end result :-) 
Here are a few extra shots here to leave you with today 
(you can click on any or all if you want to make them larger) ...


That's all from me for today, I'll be back with a little Christmas Gift project tomorrow :-)
Thanks for looking today, 
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic cards! What a terrific way to use up bits and pieces!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...