Wednesday 22 October 2014

My Stampin' Up! Convention swaps with a FREE tutorial!

Hello there,
In today's post I'm sharing with you the swaps I made for Stampin' Up! convention in Brussels this week. I have lots of pictures of the displays and presentations also and I will of course share those with you later this week too :-)
But first, I want to share the swaps I made - they were pens. Well, obviously I didn't make actual pens, I simply decorated them with Stampin' Up's adorable All is Calm Snowflake embellishments and Linen thread to make them all pretty ;-) 
Take a look...
So as you may have noticed there I am offering some of these swaps as a giveaway on my
right now!! 
Simply Like my page then Like, Share and Comment on the giveaway post to be in with a chance of winning :-) I am also offering one pen for every 5 comments on the post so please share with all your friends for more chances to win!
OK, Onto the closer looks at this swap :-)
I used these Paper-Mate InkJoy pens which I purchased at my local Tesco and they are perfect for adding a charm to as you will see in a minute...
 Once I added the charm I popped them into a 2.5cm x 20.3cm Cello Bag, it was a wiggle to make sure the side didn't split with the charm but it worked!
 I decorated strips of Strawberry Slush card for the back of the packs then topped them with a sentiment and snowflakes from Endless Wishes and added some essential bling with sequins!
 And all together in a tin bucket looking pretty :-)))
 So, to make your own charm pens you are going to need the Paper-Mate InkJoy pens I mentioned before, Linen thread and some Snowflake Charms! Plus Crystal Effects which I forgot to add to this pic, *oopsie*
 So, the lid of these pens is what makes them perfect for this as there are three sections to the ventilation hole at the top! 
You need to thread the linen thread through one of the holes, 
TIP: leave it on the roll at the moment to save waste.
 Tie three or for knots at the end of the thread, enough so it won't pull through the hole easily
 cover the knot in Crystal Effects and *carefully* pull it back through so it sits firmly inside the lid. 
TIP: You are trying to avoid getting Crystal Effects on the side of the lid :-) 
 Trim the linen thread at approx 12 cm now, this gives you enough thread to work with with as little waste as possible
 Thread the snowflake charm onto the thread now
 And knot the snowflake in place with a double knot at approx 2cm from the top of the lid. 
Trim away excess thread.
 Ta-Dah! 
Your charm will hang perfectly, without being too long, on your pen!
Remember to be in with a  chance of winning one of these pens pop over to my 
and follow the instructions :-)
I hope you liked todays project and if we swapped at convention - Thank-You! I loved all my swaps :-)
Thanks for looking today,
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...