Saturday 7 December 2013

Tri-fold Christmas Card with FREE Tutorial

Hi there!
I've got a card for you today but I'm not totally sure what it's name is! Any suggestions gratefully received...
I have seen these around plenty but thought they looked a little tricky tbh so didn't bother with them... until now that is! They are really actually very easy to make and I have added a little tutorial at the end of this post  to help persuade you to have a go sharing my measurements and a couple of top tips too ;-)
So, to start this is the card I made,
I made this version in Pool Party card with Island Indigo DSP from the Winter Frost pack and a Bermuda Bay 3mm ribbon bow. Stamp set is Wishing You, a very versatile set that will still be used long after Christmas, this little stack of presents is great for birthdays too! See THIS CARD.
 And inside....
 OK, let's make it!
Start with a piece of A4 card, cut it in half at 10.5cm to make this base. Score at 8cm and 19cm.
 fold it on the score lines ensuring the larger section is inside and the shorter is above.
 punch a hole with the TOP score line in the centre of the 2.5" circle punch
 which should give you this...
 punch a 2+3/8" scallop circle from DSP
 flip it over and position, add glue to the section that will adhere to the card
 add the image with dimensionals after and decorate the top flap along the edge with the Scallop Edge Border Punch
 Tie your ribbon around a 7cm x 10cm piece of DSP and adhere to the bottom flap
TOP TIP: Ensure there is enough room for the 1" circle to go above the bow and the top section to tuck in
 Stamp first, then punch a 1" circle of card for the closure
TOP TIP: I used the card I punched out with the 2.5" circle, it's plenty big enough even with the score line
add a dimensional at the bottom of the circle and adhere above the ribbon but low enough for the top flap to fit in easily
Add a 7cm x 10cm piece of white card and decorate inside too
and your finished card again
Well, I hope you liked today's make and you have a go at making your own :-)
 I love this style of card and that it still only uses half a sheet of card I think is fab!
Thanks for stopping by today,

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful tutorial! I was trying to figure out how you did that and your step by step instructions made it perfectly clear! Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...