Tuesday 17 December 2013

O Holy Night and my first try with the Envelope Punch Board!

Hello!
So, before I went to convention, way back in November, I had my Envelope Punch Board delivered, but alas time was short and I didn't get chance play before I went :-( Luckily I got to have a go at convention and was suitably wowed by this little gem of a gadget, even if when I ordered it, I was a bit unsure as to truly how often I was going to be bothered to make my own envelopes? I'm sure there are quite a few people out there thinking the very same thing?? 
This leads me to share with you exactly why you need this little gem of a board! As I'm sure lots of you have done, I designed a pretty, but quite deep card for my last class but didn't want it getting squashed in a standard envelope and so I spent {rather a lot of} time figuring out a boxelope to hold it. 
Obviously once I had worked out the measurements it was easy-peasy and as a bonus if you purchase the Envelope Punch Board from me I will email you this tutorial for FREE! 
TIP: also try googling: projects with the envelope punch board
So, you want to see this card and boxelope? Of course you do ;-)
 I used a Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Black colour combo with the Season of Style paper stack and Champagne Glimmer paper snowflake die cut accent ( my die is last years and retired but we do have Framelits and a matching stamp set this year instead)
 O Holy Night stamp set was used for the sentiment using the Chalkboard technique again (I am loving this right now) and die cut with the Deco Labels dies (also loving these too!!)
 a Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding bow was layered with a touch of  Crochet Trim and Natural Trim Ribbon too, all tied on with Linen Thread, very rustic ;-)
 And we wouldn't want that lovely bow getting squashed now would we??
 So here is the boxelope I made with the Punch Board with a matching belly band, also decorated with versamarked snowflakes too :-)
OK, that's all from me for today.
I'm off to post out my parcels for today and then hopefully get back into my craft room later too!
Thanks for looking today and I hope you enjoyed the card :-)
Stampin' Hugs,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...